Friday, September 18, 2015

WINE CELLARS FOR THE HOME

In my hometown of Grapevine, TX this weekend is the 29th annual GrapeFest, which is a wine festival in historic downtown Grapevine.  The atmosphere of a festival is so exhilirating to me...I love walking up and down the street, playing the games you cannot ever win and eating the so-bad-for-you-but-so-good food!  And I’m no connoisseur but I do love a nice glass of wine so I also enjoy partaking in the tastings from the different wineries.


All of this wine talk makes me think about in-home wine cellars.  This is a commonly requested room to be built in a new home.  I have seen them in the basement, next to the Dining Room or Kitchen and also in the area located under the stairs that typically can seem like it is wasted space.  And they can be beautifully designed around whatever style you would like, whether it be traditional and rustic or minimal and transitional.



And depending on the size of the room you can make it a place to lounge and entertain.  What a great idea to use part of a wine barrel as a table!


So what do you do if you want storage space for your wine in your existing home?  If you have a blank wall that is deep enough to house the wine bottles you can do an elegant built-in like the one below.  I love the look of this but with my having two little boys every bottle would be busted on the floor and it would be used as a ladder!  Eek!


And if you don’t have the room and don’t want to renovate why not add a wine bar?  I did an earlier post on a coffee bar (seen here) but that could easily be changed into a wine bar.  In fact I may just transition mine for a party I am hosting next week! 



There are the obvious decorative accessories that can be associated with wine…corks, cute signage and wine bottles and glasses.  The use of the barrel tops and wine crates as wall décor is not only creative but also can be personal depending on where they are from.



And how cool is this wine room pictured below?  With it being completely open it is like a piece of art in the home.


I hope you all have a great weekend!  You can find me at GrapeFest tasting wine and eating delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment