Friday, September 4, 2015

TOUCHDOWN!!

Oh how I love this time of year! Not only is it Labor Day weekend (which to me is the beginning of the holiday season) but also kickoff to college football!  At our house we celebrate the first Saturday of college football as though it is a holiday.  We dress in our team gear and cook a BIG breakfast, snack all day and my husband will grill or smoke something delish for dinner.  This year it happens to be a brisket...YUMMY!!

As we have been talking about this upcoming weekend it got me to thinking about sports/football home décor.  Now don’t get me wrong, the Mr. is a HUGE Notre Dame fan but fortunately for me he has not requested to have anything relating to it around our house.  In my search for football themed rooms I have come across mostly nurseries and kids bedrooms, but I have also come across some media rooms, game rooms and a home office.

This game room, with it’s football field floor, is a little over the top for my taste but I’m sure there are plenty of football fans that would love this.  I do think the stadium seats across from the pool table are a great touch.  And if you were able to get some original seats, that would make a great gift for the sports lover in your life!


I am pretty impressed with this Media Room.  It is done quite tastefully and classic in my opinion.  With the neutral colors and patterned wallpaper it really makes the room feel polished.  And the framed jerseys on the walls and signed footballs on the shelves add the perfect “football” touch without going overboard.


And the football helmets in this masculine home office are just enough to not get too carried away with a theme.


And here are some accessories that would not be too cheesy if you were to pull them out for a game day party!

A linen or burlap pillow with your team name would show your team spirit and keep up with the trends!


And instead of doing a cheesy wreath I love the look of this boxwood wreath.  You can just have your team logo on it instead of the monogram.


And I have to say if we are to ever have a sports themed room in our house I will HAVE to have canvas pictures of my boys dressed up in uniforms!  It just doesn’t get much cuter than tiny little kids in sports uniforms!


Do you have any sports themed rooms in your house?  Would you consider a few touches here and there?

Have a great weekend and GO IRISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment