Saturday, October 3, 2015

SPOOKY SHOPPING

A couple of things that have me in good spirits over the last few days is that it finally feels like fall here in Texas and it’s October!  There are so many fun things that October brings from parties to pumpkin patches but mostly Halloween!  When it comes to Halloween I love the candy, dressing up and trick or treating with my boys!  And this year all of the Halloween décor has really caught my attention.

I have never been much into decorating for the different seasons, with the exception of Christmas, but this year is different for some reason.  I have decorated for fall (see post here) and on my agenda this weekend is getting the house decorated for Halloween!

Last week I was out doing a little shopping and snapped some pictures of the cute decorations out there and I thought I would share them with you.  It definitely gave me a lot of ideas for my own house and how to create similar looks at a much lower cost.

It all started when I received the magazine from Grandin Road and this guy was on the front cover.  He belonged in my Dining Room!  


I began flipping through the pages and saw all of these black and gold pumpkins.  Isn’t the gold glitter dipped one fabulous?!?  And the rhinestone skulls are so flashy and dramatic!



While I was at Pier 1 I found a lot of black and silver, which is quite striking with the contrast.  The spider web table runner is super cute and I am crazy about the black tree with silver and black skull ornaments! 




And they also had décor with bright, vivid colors!  Check out the skulls below…aren’t they eccentric?  And I just love how playful the black cat and spider are!





The last stop was Pottery Barn…oh what an adoration I have for this store!  But I don’t always love their prices so I will be DIYing several ideas from here!  One thing Pottery Barn always seems to do is keep their seasonal décor up with the trends like this black grapevine pumpkin with burlap leaves.  And the antiqued glass pumpkins are so polished and classy they won’t limit you to using them for Halloween only but can be used for all of the fall decorating.



This is obviously a very popular trend…another black tree to hang things from.  It just needs a haunted house and a spooky owl!


Speaking of haunted houses…this is my favorite thing I saw at PB.  I can see having several different sizes of them and creating a little haunted village!  Can you guess what might be going on my mantel?!?


Since I am doing all of my Halloween decorating on a budget I won’t be getting place settings this year but when I get to that point I hope they still have these martini glasses!  They are so creepy but cute!


Hopefully you guys got some good ideas for Halloween decorating in your home and I hope you share them with me.  I will show you what I did in our house next week!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment