Monday, June 8, 2015

REPURPOSED MIRROR

Projects, projects, projects!  The rain has finally stopped in Texas so I have been busy finishing up some things to bring a few spaces in our house to completion.  Let’s get real…with changing trends and a being an interior design lover no room will ever REALLY be finished!

In our Dining Room, I needed something to hang on the wall above the bar cart.  So into my Décor/Guest Bedroom closet I went to shop!  I found a mirror that I bought several years ago for Oliver’s nursery.  This picture is not the exact mirror but similar to what it looked like in it's original state.


The bronze didn’t go with the look I wanted in his nursery so I painted it white and hung it above the glider in his room.


Well, it is getting another makeover and will be a gilded mirror at the end of it all!


So I taped off the mirror, set up shop on the patio and got to spray painting.  It really did not take me long at all...maybe 20 minutes.  The prep work, clean up and especially the drying time always seem to take the longest! 



Here it is hanging on the wall! 


As much as I love buying new things for the house, I also love recycling items that I already own so they seem new again.  So this project was a definite success for me!  I will have the bar cart set up and accessorized very soon so you can see it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment