Wednesday, May 20, 2015

THE FINAL TOUCH

Doesn’t it get to you when a room is ALMOST complete but you just need one or two more things for it to really feel finished?  I have a couple of spaces in my house that are at that point right now.  Fortunately, I have a plan in place to get those final pieces of the puzzle completed so I can share them with you. 

The window treatment over my Kitchen sink is the last thing I need to update before I show you the before and after pictures.  Right now, there is a white 2-inch faux blind covering the window which functions just fine but I wanted something to soften the space and add another color in there.  We keep the blinds raised throughout the day and closed at night so I decided a Roman shade would be the best option. 



I decided to have one custom made instead of buying a premade Roman shade.  So last week I got to do one of my favorite things…go fabric shopping!  Our Kitchen is open to the Family Room and Breakfast Room where we have draperies that are a neutral Greek Key pattern.  So I had to make sure whatever I selected it would not compete with them.



Should I go with a  solid charcoal linen?


Or a dark gray with lattice pattern?


I could always do a lighter fabric with more texture?


What about a classic stripe?  This one has all of the colors of my house which I love!


As much as I like all of these options I decided to go with a solid linen with a fretwork trim running vertically down each side.



I felt like the dark gray fabrics were going to be too harsh of a contrast with all of the white in my Kitchen.  It would just jump out too much.  And as much as I love the striped fabric I just fell in love with fretwork trim.  It gives me the dark gray contrast I was looking for but keeps within the same tone on tone feel of the connecting spaces.  What do you think?  Did I make the right decision?  Hopefully it will be installed in a couple of weeks and I will show you the final product then!

No comments:

Post a Comment