Tuesday, May 5, 2015

MY PERFECT GIFT

I recently celebrated a birthday and some of the things I love the most about birthdays are hearing from my family and friends, getting together with the special people in my life and cake and ice cream!  I don’t mind a few gifts either!  Shocking I know but I love getting new things for my house…especially since I still have so much to do to get things to my liking.  I have gotten everything from accent pillows to door hardware and this year new stools for our island was on my list.  There were a couple of reasons for this…other than the fact that my design taste has changed since I last bought stools!  One being that I need a total of 3 stools and I only had 2 from our last house and our island in this house is counter height and the stools we already own are for a high bar.  We have lived with our knees and legs being squished up to the bottom of the countertops for long enough! 

Lucky for me the Mr. doesn’t care too much about things like this…all he asked is that they be comfortable.  The first thought that came into my head was upholstered stools.  There are so many great options out there for these.  Here are a couple of my favorites!



But the more I thought about it I also needed to take into consideration that I will have 3 messy boys (yes my hubs is included in this number!) using them all of the time so they need to be practical and easy to clean.  I narrowed it down to 3 different options…2 wooden stools and a woven option.




I chose to go with the French Bistro Counter Stools from World Market. The tone of the wood coordinates best with my breakfast table and I liked adding some warmth and texture to my very white Kitchen.  And I got them for 25% off with the Friends and Family coupon!  What a steal!


I picked them up this weekend and I love them so much.  Even my 3 year old says they are awesome!  That seals the deal for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment