Wednesday, April 15, 2015

COLOR ME HAPPY

What does your home décor say about you?  Is it full of neutrals or do you prefer to play with color?  Or maybe you have mostly neutrals with pops of color that can be changed throughout the year depending on the season or your mood? 

Although my house is full of different shades of taupes, grays, whites and off-whites, I love getting to decorate with fun, bright colors. They just seem to exude happiness!  Which is why the Virtual Design Boards I worked on for some good friends was so much fun!  They moved into their house a few years ago and wanted to make some changes so when Britney contacted me to help them I couldn’t have been more excited! 

Today I am sharing the Virtual Design Boards I completed for the Family Room and Dining Room.  In the Family Room the inspiration was a couple of paintings that are filled with beautiful, vibrant colors.  My apologies for the grainy phone picture!


I selected sofas in a darker gray since they have twin boys that are coming up on their 2nd birthday and added punches of color through accent pillows and other accessories throughout the room.


The Dining Room Virtual Design Board was more for accessories, art and a chandelier.  The chandelier was originally selected for the Kitchen but she decided it was a little too much for that space and moved it to the Dining Room.  Great call on her part…it looks amazing and really makes a statement in there!


To top it all off they didn’t just stop with getting new furniture and accessories but they also updated their fireplace, Entry floor and Kitchen.  And I was able to shop with Britney for the selections!  Could a girl ask for anything more fun than shopping for design selections with a great girlfriend?!?  More to come on those details in the next couple of weeks along with before and after pictures of how everything has turned out!

1 comment: