Monday, July 13, 2015

CHAIRISH CHALLENGE

I don’t know about you but I love a good challenge!  Recently Chairish, a fabulous company that buys and sells vintage furniture, décor and accessories, approached me about participating in a blog challenge.  They sent me several items to select from and I get to create a design scheme for any room of my choice using these pieces.  Sounds more like fun than a challenge to me but I am up for it!

I decided to create a Dining Room that is shabby chic and glamorous with natural and rustic elements.  For the challenge pieces I selected a bronze and brass crystal chandelier, distressed wood dining table and white cane accent chairs.  You can see the detailed pictures below.


I knew I wanted something unexpected and eye catching in here.  Keeping with the shabby chic feel and adding in a touch of glam I decided to use wallpaper on the ceiling that has a robin’s egg blue background with a metallic gilded pattern.  How amazing is this?!?


Here is the design scheme I came up with for a shabby chic, rustic meets glam Dining Room!


For the remainder of the furniture I selected neutral “X” back chairs with a white linen cushion and a distressed blue buffet.  The buffet brings in the colors from the ceiling wallpaper and whimsical printed accent chairs that will be positioned on either side of it. 

To add a natural and rustic element to the space I used reclaimed wood flooring with a jute rug, small boxwood topiary on the table and woven seagrass baskets on the buffet shelves.

And even though they weren’t pieces from the challenge I could not resist the gold wall sconces and mosaic mirror from Chairish that are located above the buffet.  They add a modern and elegant feel to the room while also tying in the gold from the chandelier and metallic print on the ceiling wallpaper. 


The crystal decanters on the buffet are also from Chairish and they provide the perfect amount of sparkle and help incorporate the crystal chandelier to the space. 

To make the style slightly more casual I selected iron candle lanterns for the table centerpiece and white ceramic pitchers on the buffet.  And the pink peonies in the pitchers add a pop of color that the space needs!

Here it is all together one last time!  Thanks again to Chairish for letting me participate in this fun challenge!


Do you like how the Dining Room scheme turned out?  Will you be checking out Chairish to add some new elements to your decor?  Here is a link to their site so you can check out all of the great items they have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment