Monday, August 31, 2015

DIY JEWELRY ORGANIZATION

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Ours was spent getting several rooms in our house organized which is not always the most fun way to pass the time but always feels great when it is all complete.  We focused on the garage, laundry room and our Master closet.

One thing I specifically focused on was getting my jewelry organized.  In my dream closet I will have glass drawers with lights but for now a budget-friendly project will do!  I have done this project before using cup hooks and dowel rods and it just wasn’t working for me.  Not only was it a pain in the neck to get to most of the pieces, but also the dowels would slip and fall all of the time causing a large pile of jewelry mess on the closet floor.  And you know it always happened when I was running out the door so I never had time to clean that tangled mess up!


So I decided to try something new and a little more creative.  I bought some cork board and small wood slats.


I wanted the background to be a little more fun but not overloaded with pattern or color.  So I decided to paint the cork board in a classic black and white stripe and the wood slats black with small gold dots.


Then I added wooden pushpins and gold nails to hang my necklaces and bracelets on. 





What a difference!!  Everything is so easy to get to now and I love the way the jewelry looks on the black and white backdrop.  It’s such a great addition to the closet and for less than $20 it’s easy on the pocketbook too!  And now I have another thing checked off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment